Traveling can be draining in so many ways; Dealing with jet lag, feeling bloated after all the drinking and eating, feeling dehydrated. When I come back home, I want to feel refreshed so I can jump back to reality smoothly.
Here are my top 5 tips to recover after traveling:
- Get an IV drip or a B12 shot. Bring the vitamins back into your system quickly to boost your energy and hydration.
- Sweat it out in the sauna. 20-30 minutes is all you really need to get rid of all the toxins from travel pollutions and alcohol consumption. Push past the 20 minutes when your body enters fight or flight mode, which gets you really sweatin’.
- Prioritize a good night’s rest. Major recovery happens during sleep. I track my sleep status, activity, and heart rate with Oura Ring.
- Hydrate. Drink clean liquids like green tea and lemon water (which both have detoxifying properties). Don’t fall for the juice cleanse trends. If you’re going to juice, stick to the low sugar, high greens & veggie juices to reap the benefits.
- Get active. Whether you hit the gym or go for a long walk, just move your body. Increasing blood flow gets all organs working together and brings life back to your cells.
Leave a Reply