As promised here is my recipe for the delicious, healthy, guilt-free, eat as much as you want because it’s bomb.com, jalapeño turkey burgers & sweet potato wedges!!
I go through phases of my hunger & diet. Overall I am generally pretty healthy. I eat clean, I work out, but sometimes I slack or we will go out one too many times that week (which is never good no matter what you order). We have been traveling a bunch and now that we are home I’m really trying to kick up my working out again, so my hunger is out the roof! After all, this is the point in my pregnancy where I can go right or left. Last pregnancy I went left, snuck Dairy Queen Double Fudge Oreo Frostee’s on my “Target trips,” and gained 60 pounds. This time around I am trying to be more self aware of not so much how much I eat (because hello, I’m eating for two!), but what I eat. You always hear “80/20” but what does that mean? A great rule of thumb is to cook at home during the week, and indulge on the weekends.
Having said that, I found this amazing recipe that I put my own twist on (because I LOVE jalapeño & all things spicy). Whether you are a working woman, or a stay at home mom, this is an easy recipe that requires little effort. It uses only real ingredients so it is clean, mean & a fueling machine. This recipe is also Paleo & Whole 30 friendly, so you know it’s badass. The best news? You can EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. YES. I’ll say it again, YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!
*A great rule of thumb is to cook at home during the week, and indulge on the weekends.*
SWEET POTATO WEDGES:
1 sweet potato
Cayenne pepper (if you like it hot, baby)
- Slice sweet potato into thin wedges. Not too thin as you don’t want them to burn.
- Place onto baking sheet with tin foil.
- Drizzle olive oil on the wedges.
- Add paprika. Add a smidge cayenne pepper if you want a little kick.
- Mix together (I just use my hands).
- Bake in the oven at 400* for 30 minutes.
*I like to make these first, get them in the oven & let them cook while I make my turkey patties so it all times up perfectly.
That’s it! So easy, so healthy, so mmm-mmm good, baby.
JALAPEÑO TURKEY BURGERS:
1 pound organic lean turkey (I use 85% lean, it tends to have a little more flavor)
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 medium sized shallot, diced
Zest of one lime, 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Guacamole (I like it spicy)
Pico de gallo
Poached egg *optional*
- If your meat has extra liquid make sure to drain it out with a paper towel (or your patties will fall apart, I’ve learned the hard way).
- Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in mixing bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form mixed meat into four patties at a time.
- Place pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to bottom of the pan.
- When pan is hot, add patties to pan. Let cook low-medium heat for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Add guacamole, pico de gallo & poached egg on top.
- Serve with side of sweet potato wedges.
THAT’S IT GUYS!!! How frickin’ easy was that? Oh- you’ve finished your plate already? It’s all good girl, make another!
Leave a Reply