Doctors are always telling pregnant women what food not to eat, not to drink alcohol, etc. But what about the other things in our everyday life that can pose more harm than us eating a deli sandwich?
Here are a few items I’m swapping out for better alternatives with my family’s health in mind:
- Glucose test – Glucola drink
- Filled with artificial dyes (Red 40, Yellow 6), “natural flavors”, GMO corn, BHA, Dextrose, and BVO.
- SWAP for:
- Orange Juice
- Grape Juice + a banana
- Pancakes + 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- The Fresh Test
- Home monitoring
- Toxic cleaning products, laundry detergent, soap
- Filled with harsh chemicals, respiratory and skin irritants, wrapped in plastic, synthetic fragrance, harmful to the environment.
- SWAP for: Branch Basics
- Human safe, effective, biodegradable, non-toxic, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, free of hormone disruptors, no harmful preservatives, clean, and cost-effective.
- Sugary, sodium-packed, artificially flavored protein powder
- Can be ultra high in calories, sugar, sodium, and even contain heavy metals, BPA, pesticides, and other carcinogens.
- SWAP for: Ritual Essential Protein
- No added sugar, non-GMO, no heavy metals, clean, and safe to ingest during my pregnancy (helps mine and the baby’s health + growth). It’s also clean, traceable plant-based, and an excellent source of Choline.
Leave a Reply