Recently, I’ve been sharing a ton of findings about the horrible ish that is in our food, children’s medicines, and in our everyday items. Not only is this not ok, but there are few healthy alternatives that are accessible to everyone.
I wanted to put what I’ve been sharing on my IG stories somewhere more permanent for you to access and share with others! So, here’s everything you need to be aware of whether at the grocery store, the pharmacy, or even your favorite neighborhood market and healthy alternatives:
Look out for:
- Protein Bars – packed with refined sugars and soy protein isolate. “Isolated protein is denatured: This can cause hormonal disruptions because it contains excess estrogen.”1 Swap for Mezcla protein snacks, they’re plant-based, gluten free, and non-GMO.2
- Greek Yogurt – Many contain artificial sweeteners (Acesulfame Potassium and Sucralose), which are linked to cancer and can increase sugar cravings thus leading to weight gain.1
- Flavored Waters – “Natural flavors” can disguise up to 100 extra ingredients that you won’t find on the label. Again, keep your eye out for artificial sweeteners (when it says “Zero Sugar”) and preservatives like Potassium Benzoate.1 Swap with POM antioxidant super tea for great taste and natural energy.
- Medicine – Children’s medicine especially, many syrups (like Tylenol) contain corn syrup, artificial dyes, sucrose, palm oil, and more! Swap these name brand OTC medications with Genexa products which is the first and only clean medicine company.3
- Bakings Mixes – Even our favorite comfort foods, like pancakes, can contain preservatives and tons of sugar, so swap the Bisquik for Kodiak Cakes, which is made with whole grains, packed with protein, wholesome nutrients.4 It’s still just as delicious and much better for us!
- Glyphosate – OMG this is literally in weedkiller found in some of the most popular foods like Cheerios, Cheez-Its, Kashi, Oreos, Triscuits, and more. Many food packages now have the Glyphosate Free (Residue Free) stamp, which is a good thing to keep an eye out for the next time you’re at the store!5
- Baked Snacks – My kids love a good mini muffin (so do I) but yikes, the store-bought ones are usually packed with so much nasty stuff. Swap for Aussie Bites (also available at Costco), they’re all organic and the ingredients list is full recognizable and pronounceable ingredients!
- Protein Powders – So many popular brands have so much sugar and unnecessary additives which is what I don’t want in a protein supplement. Instead, swap for Bubs Naturals: Pasture Raised Grass Fed – Paleo & Keto friendly, Whole30 approved, Non-GMO, Dairy and Gluten Free.6
1 The Food Babe, Vani Hari, 2022
3 Genexa Inc., 2021; Flavcity, Bobby Parish, 2022
5 Flavcity, Bobby Parish, 2022
Toxic Oils vs. Healthy Oils
Leave a Reply