Having both kids home full time for the summer has been crazy, fun, hectic, and hilarious all at once. We are so grateful for this time spent all together, though. It makes the little things more enjoyable and we get to have an excuse to get out of the house and explore our beautiful home town.
Here are some of our family’s favorite summer hangout spots in San Diego:
- Corner Pizza, Encinitas – Great for delicious pizzas & oysters, fun outdoor seating, bottles of wine for the parents (only $10 corkage fee!).
- Buona Forchetta, Encinitas – One of our family favorites, the best Italian food & wine in town.
- One Paseo, Carmel Valley – Best destination for a long evening. Shop, eat, and play. We love to eat at International Smoke and Mizukiyama Sushi.
- Rady Shell, Downtown San Diego – Great for families to spend an evening listening to music, having a picnic, and meeting friends. We love going to the movies in the park with the symphony playing the movie score live!
- Skyzone, Carlsbad – Best place for birthday parties or play dates. Parents can watch kiddos play while indulging in adult treats *wink wink*.
- Legoland, Carlsbad – When Disneyland sounds too expensive and far, Legoland is always a hit with our kids. Convenient for San Diego families!
- Padres Games – A great day in the ballpark is even more fun when there are cool promos for the kids, or sitting in Gallagher Square to watch the game while enjoying the San Diego sunshine.
- Beach Days are the easiest, cheapest, and most wholesome activity ever! Plus your babies will be exhausted after a day in the sun and water.