Moms and college students alike, love a quick and easy, delicious and healthy meal that takes little to no effort at all. This one is for sure a crowd pleaser and takes about 5 minutes to prep. It’s basically a dump-and-leave-it meal and the crockpot does all the work for you.
Ingredients (all from Trader Joes, which also makes it budget friendly):
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Chicken (breast recommended but can use thighs for more tender meat)
- Snap Peas
- Cauliflower Rice (or grain of choice)
- Fresh pineapple to top
- Island Soyaki
- Dump all ingredients into the crockpot for about 6 hours
- Mix about half way through (around the 3 hour mark)
- Around 6 hour mark, or just before eating, shred chicken with a fork. It should happen easily.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and top with fresh pineapple chunks!
With your leftovers (which you’ll definitely have) you can make a delicious breakfast, lunch or post-workout meal!
- Island Crockpot Chicken leftovers
- 2 brown eggs or egg whites
- 1 gluten free bagel
- 1/2 Avocado
- Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Reheat leftovers stovetop, add 2 eggs or egg whites
- While heating, smear avocado onto GF bagel, top with everything bagel seasoning
- Top bagel with cooked chicken/egg mixture
- Add extra sauce or hot sauce to finish it off