If you follow me on Instagram you know by now I am a huge foodie who enjoys saucin’ it up in the kitchen. I believe that the best ingredient while making food is love; putting your heart and soul into preparing something delicious for those you love. That moment when you set your meal, appetizer or drink on the table for your friends or family, looking at them, holding your breath while they take their first bite or sip, waiting for their response. I love that moment. And then when they give you a joyful response you have that “NAILED IT!” satisfaction.
Cooking for me is also therapeutic, its art really. To put your time and energy into making something not only taste good but look beautiful, too. As a mom of two toddler boys, the whole timing thing really throws a wrench in the mix of things most of the time. Between juggling laundry, feedings, naps, cleaning, etc (you know the drill, mamas), it is a challenge to make something healthy, pretty AND taste good.
Enter Brizo dressing, the multi-meal dressing in our household. I’ve been using this on everything as of late- not just salads, but sprinkled on appetizers, pasta dishes, marinades and yes, potatoes! It’s zero sugar and zero carbs, I REPEAT: ZERO SUGAR, ZERO CARBS! We all know what a struggle it is to create something healthy and delicious simultaneously, but Brizo has done that for my kitchen.
I’ve been trying to entertain more, but again, timing as a mama is all about efficiency. So I created two simple meals for you that take less than ten minutes! I chose a Greek theme because it’s SO healthy but mainly guilt free. I may or may not have indulged and had the entire Appetizer Board to myself. Whatever, judge me.
You can prep everything ahead of time when you get the chance. I’ve been a big fan of prepping when I can these days (during nap time is best for me). I simply slice up veggies and throw them in a ziplock bag, so when it’s time to feed my people it’s ready to go, just need to make it pretty on a platter and toss with Brizo dressing!
PS- The Spicy Brizo Dressing is my FAVORITE!
Greek Appetizer Board
- Mild Brizo Dressing
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 English cucumber
- Pita Bread (+ garlic + butter)
- Lemon wedge
- Your favorite hummus (I chose Garlic)
- Slice cucumbers & half tomatoes while pita bread toasts lightly in the oven. I prepped standard pita bread with butter, Himalayan sea salt & garlic.
- Place all ingredients on food platter of your choice & drizzle hummus with Mild Brizo Dressing for that extra kick. THAT’S IT!
Greek Avocado Chicken Salad
- Spicy Brizo Dressing
- Grilled chicken (I chose organic)
- Grape tomatoes (all about that multi-use, baby!)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- English cucumbers
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Diced avocado
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. I bought organic and tender style so it was easy to cook and dice.
- While your chicken is cooking, prep the veggies. Dice lettuce, bell pepper & avocado. Slice cucumber.
- Toss all ingredients together and drizzle with Spicy Brizo dressing. Boom- easiest, healthy AND delicious salad I’ve ever had. Nice and light weight and a crowd favorite in our house.
Enjoy, mi familia!