From time to time I get a sweet tooth craving, most of the time for chocolate. Thankfully over the years I’ve learned to love dark chocolate because it’s healthier (aka I’m getting old), but sometimes even that doesn’t do the job.
I once read about how adding avocado to baked goods was a huge treat so I decided to give it a try… holy CRAP.. AMAZING! This recipe is well, not entirely healthy, but healthier. I’m not lying when I tell you that this is the most moist bread I’ve ever made & I could probably eat the entire thing in one sitting. Tyler is a huge fan & it makes for a great breakfast treat in the morning.
**If you try this out (or any of my recipes) please comment, send me a message, or post a pic & let me know how it turned out! The kitchen is my place of therapy & relaxation & I truly believe food can be made with love, so it brings me such joy sharing my recipes with all of you.
Enjoy & try not to eat it all at once 😉
- 2 small avocados or 1 large (1/2 cup worth)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tired bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375*. Spray loaf pan or glass baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Mash avocados & pulse until smooth. Add butter & sugar to the bowl & mix together until smooth.
- Place bananas, egg, milk, vinegar & baking soda into separate bowl or food processor. Pulse until liquified.
- Pour half of the banana mixture into the butter mixture with 1 cup all-purpose flour & mix until well combined. Repeat with the rest of the liquid & flour.
- Add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (or more, I eyeball it). Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with remainder of chocolate chips & bake for 35 minutes or until edges begin to golden. Cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
I like to take my baked goods out a tad bit early or just as it starts to golden. I find that the product is more gooey & delicious that way. I store the leftovers in the fridge so they stay fresh & moist. Enjoy!!